Monday, January 3, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree....

This year would be our first year spending at home in Utah. Our original plans were to go down to California to spend Christmas with all our extended family but do to the pregnancy problems the doctors put a strict order for me to stay close to home... With this in mind one of my mom's biggest traditions for Christmas is going out Christmas tree shopping and picking that perfect tree... So we went on our search for the perfect tree... We ended up making our first stop up in Orem and I saw the most beautiful tree but couldn't just settle on the first tree at the first lot so we went around a bit more to find another very pretty tree at another lot but I just couldn't get first tree out of my mind so we went back to the first lot and looked at that first tree for a second time... I had them pull it out and put it on a stand so I could actually see the entire tree and as they were standing it up on the stand I couldn't help but get teary eyed... I know I'm super lame... but it really was MY perfect tree so we got it and brought it home... Later that night we went out to get lights and some new NONBREAKABLE ornaments...
The next morning my dad, brother and sister were scheduled to take off but the girls insisted that we decorate the tree before they left so we did and it was tons of fun and the tree turned out beautiful...
Here are the girls in front of the almost finished tree... My mom and Allison finished the tree a few days later after putting bows and ribbons on the top... Thanks again mom and dad for everything and all the fun memories

No comments: