Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Day...

Christmas...

Christmas morning usually always starts the same for us the only thing that changes would be the time that we get up... As kids we were usually always up by 4 am just to see what Santa had brought... thank goodness my girls are still a little young so we now get up around 7 am to go down and see what Santa brings us. This year Allison got a doll house with ALL the room accessories and all the dolls, she also got a stocking full of fun candies and other little items... Abbigail got one of those play disk and fun little toys in her stocking... Santa was good to Kyle and I as well and left us a bunch of cash! After admiring our gifts from Santa we started opening our gifts under the tree. Around 9 am we stopped opening gifts to talk to my younger brother Eric who is currently serving a mission in Iceland (Copenhagen, Denmark) we talked to him using Skype for about 45 minutes. For those of you who know Eric he's still his happy self! He's gained a bit of weight but is looking very healthy and happy! After talking with him and showing Abbigail off to him (he left on his mission the day after Abbigail was born)we started opening gifts again. After opening all our gifts at my parents house we get dressed and head up to my Ahma's and Ahba's house for our traditional breakfast. This year was a lot different at Ahma's and Ahba's house. This year was the first year for me that my Ahba hasn't been there and so it did have a different feel. I sure do love and miss my Ahba! But it was sooooo nice to see my Ahma and Aunt Joy! After opening some gifts and having breakfast we headed back to my parents house to get our things together to head to Kyle's parents to celebrate with his family. After everyone arrives we have Christmas dinner. After dinner we all gather together to open all our Christmas gifts. After opening all the gifts we usually (only when there's a new addition to the family that year) have the Christmas fish show up. Since this was Abbigails first Christmas it's Kelley tradition for the Christmas fish to give them their first fishing pole! Abbigail loved the Christmas fish and loved her pole even more! Then we packed up and went back to my parents house to finish the night! Hope you enjoy the pictures.










No comments: